With so many social media platforms to choose from, it can be a challenge to know which ones are really worth the time and energy. Social media can be an asset on a number of factors, so you’ll want to make sure the ROI has value, which ensures you stick with it.
Here are the 4 popular platforms and a few reasons why and how they can be worth your time.
- If your business is visual or set up for video content, this is a great platform. Fans are looking for a ‘thumb-stopper’ when scrolling through their newsfeed.
- Links can be great on Facebook, but have to be interspersed with the visual content. Driving traffic back to a website and having a reader stay shows Facebook you have quality content.
- My personal favorite (@jasonfreshly)
- I call Twitter a ‘labor of love’. You have to be organized, ready, and willing to keep up with the fast pace. Strategy is key.
- Campaigns that can be set up ahead of time (HootSuite scheduling) will ease the fast pace. Just don’t forget to balance the scheduling and engage your twitter peeps.
- Don’t be afraid to brag a little. Everyone loves success (and success stories), so remember to keep your profile current, and be proud of your accomplishments!
- If you are going to be part of a group, engage in conversation. And as an added boost, find ways to have offline conversations.
- While it’s all visual and mostly a female demographic, a great deal of traffic can get sent to your website.
- Optimize your content for the platform. That includes long photos, eye catching visuals, and keywords.
Any social media platform can offer a great boost to your marketing and business when done with a plan. Which platforms do you find your best return on?